RE: [SI-LIST] : hold time dilemma

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 13:02:23 PDT

Perhaps the easiest way to think about resolving the hold time dilemma is to
look at the difference in hold time on either end of a bi-dir bus. if the
Tco mins are equal, then you can skew the clock to half the hold time
difference to minimize the problem. If the Tco mins are different, and you
are lucky, the I/O with the long hold time will also have a larger Tco min.
Again you can benifit from half the difference. On the other hand, Murphy's
law may apply and the difference will be reversed which will cancel your
ability to skew the clocks.

Good Luck,

Aubrey Sparkman
Signal Integrity