RE: [SI-LIST] : How many stitching via's ??

From: Baikuan Wang ([email protected])
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 09:54:59 PDT

Stuart,

I am not sure whether there is a rule of thumb for how many stitching vias
one should use to tie multiple GND planes together. But one certainly can
use SPEED2000 to evaluate effects of the number and the locations of such
vias. A demo version of SPEED2000 can be downloaded from
http://www.sigrity.com/download/demo/demo.htm.

You may also find a paper titled �Effects of Power/Ground Via Distribution
on the Power/Ground Performance of C4/BGA Packages� relevant to your
interest. The paper was published in Proceeding of Electrical Performance
of Electronics Packages in 1998, you can also download it from
http://www.sigrity.com/papers/epep98/DOepep98_zhao.htm.

Brian
SIGRIYTY, INC.