Re: [SI-LIST] : AGP Model

From: Patrick Riffault ([email protected])
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 12:08:30 PDT

At 02:39 PM 08/24/2000 -0400, Johnny Pietraroia wrote:

hi this is my first post...

i was just wondering, if anyone knows where i can get an IBIS model for
the AGP port.

i found a model at Intel's web site, but it seems to be incomplete.

It has been a number of years since I did AGP stuff but that model use to be the "generic" AGP
model to be used to model minimum/maximum curve parameters. Most of those parameters can
be determined based on the equations in the AGP spec.

Using the Generic models is a good practice if you want to make sure that your device will work
in most application  (unless your device is on the board and you know for sure which chip set
it needs to interface to).

If you need something more detailed I know that the chip set vendors can supply a model under
non-disclosure. Your going to need to contact your rep. I use to be able to get models for the
AGP 2X and 4X without too much trouble if you ask right people.

The graphic controller is probably your problems (I am assuming that's what you guys are doing
in this case).

Patrick

if anyone knows where i can get this
model, i'd really apreciate it.