Re: [SI-LIST] : Decoupling capacitors (again!)

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 10:22:40 PDT

I just re-read my recent posting and wanted to clarify one
item that may be confusing to some readers.

The following paragraph was embedded in the message:

>Above a couple of hundred MHz the use of discrete decaps to hold
>down the impedance becomes increasingly difficult and ineffective.
>The use of thin dielectrics (2 mils or less) is by far the most
>effective way of dealing with the impedance at high frequencies.

The 2 mil spacing I was referring to was the dielectric spacing
between power distribution planes. I just wanted to make sure no
one thought I was referring to the dielectric thickness in the decaps
or elswhere.

-Ray Anderson

Sun Microsystems