Re: [SI-LIST] : Effects of thieving on SI and EMC.....

From: Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:00:06 PDT

Hey ... a good place to apply the 20H rule

i.e. non signal related metalic structures should be
spaced a minimum of 20 times the height of the
trace to plane spacing away from all active
signaling lines to reduce parasitic coupling.

As Pat has also pointed out, any large structure
should be stitched to ground to reduce resonance
effects. The distance between stitch vias should
be smaller than lambda/10 of the highest frequency
component that one wants to rid freespace of.
(Or keep from entering through freespace.)

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow