RE: [SI-LIST] : Heat sink and radiated emissions

From: Chris Padilla ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 06:34:47 PDT

I had such a problem with one heat sink that floating worked a lot better
than trying to improve the poor grounding. I actually ended up putting
plastic stand-offs on it to curb my 1 GHz emission problem!

The skin effect is your reason behind metallized plastic radiating as
well as an all metal one--especially at high frequencies like 1.5 GHz.

----->Chris