RE: [SI-LIST] : Stub Capacitance calculation

From: Ron Miller ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 11:41:53 PDT

There is a problem with this simplistic approach, and that is that the quarter wave effect
becomes more important than the capacitance as frequencies get into the Gigahertz
range. If you must use SPICE then capacitance probably is the best you can do, but
regardless of the capacitance, as the stub approaches 1/4 wavelength, it approaches a
short in the frequency domain. This is real, not just theory.

Ron Miller