Re: [SI-LIST] : Heat sink and radiated emissions

From: Bill Owsley ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 07:11:45 PDT

I have had EMI concerns with most heatsinks - proper grounding has resolved
those.
Proper grounding includes a conductive path. The black stuff on aluminum
heatsinks is an insulator.
In a forced air cooling system, black has very little effect on cooling (<
2% say the thermal guys)
Thus, well grounded plain aluminum heatsinks in a forced air system works
for EMI and thermal.
You'll be challenged to find the proper grounding...
- Bill