RE: [SI-LIST] : Ferrites on power leads

From: Mark Gill ([email protected])
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 08:40:11 PDT

Mike -

I have seen both effects, where it has filtered noise from loud power&ground
planes, but also, where it increased the noise at the oscillator due to how
the filtering was designed and implemented. Also, be careful about EMC
recommendations - they are not generic in nature, and can lead to a great
deal of both problems and costs if not applied to the correct situation.
Specific situations lead to specific treatments.

Regards,

Mark Gill, P.E.
EMC/Safety/NEBS Design
Nortel Networks - RTP, NC, USA