RE: [SI-LIST] : Urgent help needed on HSPICE simulation

From: Zabinski, Patrick J. ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 18:56:51 PDT

Perry,

In answer to #2 (for #1: Yes, you can. To see how, read the manual):

One quick and easy way to create a differential in SPICE/Hspice is to
use the ideal transmission line element, T. The T element has four
node connections; IN, IN-reference, OUT, and OUT-reference. IN-reference
and OUT-reference are typically tied to GND (node 0), but they do not
have to be.

In fact, after much playing around to confirm this, they can be used as
the signal contacts while the other nodes are connected to GND.

Anyway, a simple way to do this is:

T1 IN_P IN_N OUT_P OUT_N Z0=100 TD=1NS

Where:
        IN_P and IN_N are the true and complement input signals,
respectively
        OUT_P and OUT_N (ditto)

Simply connector your driver to IN_P/_N and your receiver to OUT_P/_N.

This should get you going under the ideal case.

If you'd like to take it the next step further, I recommend running
your favorite 2D EM simulator with two coupled transmission lines
and plugging its output into the W-element.

Pat