RE: [SI-LIST] : Power Plane Inductance

From: Chris Cheng ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 15:19:32 PDT

back to the same argument i have a while ago.
"it is useless to try to bypass high speed noise in pcb"
as a matter of fact u have ignored two important inductance
path before the die noise hit the pcb
(i) the cranshaft core via in a flip chip package
(ii) the excess inductance on the pwr/gnd perforated plane
near the i/o escape vias area on the package
both are very stubtle and large inductance that people
usually ignore.
do it on die or on top of the package
chris