RE: [SI-LIST] : Merits of low dielectric constant

From: Hans Mellberg ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 14:45:45 PDT

The vendor probably meant the "capacitive loading"
which is a total C value based on the C/l value. When
you build a charge line, as an example, the pulse
length is determined from the length of the cable (and
propagation velocity) where the total charge required
comes from the C/l value times the length times the
voltage (Q=CV). That, of course, has not much to do
with fast pulses travelling down the coax. Capacitive
Engineer versus a High Energy Pulse Engineer.

=====
Best Regards
Hans Mellberg