[SI-LIST] : ferrite bead

From: Weber Chuang ([email protected])
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 20:47:06 PDT

Dear SI-gurus,

 I have a question about the ferrite bead we usually implement on the power
of clock generator, what is the real purpose that we put a ferrite when
connecting Vdd to clock generator, is it for blocking the noise from clock
generator that might go back into the power source and then into other
devices that share that same power, or it is for blocking the noise from
other device into clock generator? Or both ? And we found that on field
measurement this ferrite bead seems to radiate a lot. Is it a natural
consequence or we implement it the wrong way? Thanks in advance for any
input.

  Best Regards
    Weber Chuang
 Signal & Timing Integrity Engineer,
 VIA Technologies, Inc. Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
 TEL : 886-2-22185452 ext : 6522
 mailto:[email protected]
 http://www.via.com.tw
 Very Innovative Architecture