RE: [SI-LIST] : Split Plane

From: Barry Ma ([email protected])
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 10:51:29 PDT

Another reason, I guess, is that you are not confident to use pwr planes as signal return planes. You said: "We pulled out all the stops to ensure every signal layer is referenced to a ground plane, rather than a power plane, which I understand should give better EMC performance."

I'd like to say it again, it's OK to use pwr planes if you have enough interplane capacitance.

Regards,
Barry Ma
[email protected]