Re: [SI-LIST] : Differential Clock Signal Pair

From: S. Weir ([email protected])
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 15:17:36 PDT

Jim,

How do you propose to get the differential coupling much above 15% so as to
make the differential coupling dominant over the single-ended coupling?

I agree with your point that it is delay matching that we want, but I think
that with certain reasonably valid assumptions, Lee's assertion that
matched length realizes matched delay holds. Given that it would be very
naive to either mix a stripline and microstrip, or use unequal single-ended
impedances on the pair, aside from etching tolerances, the velocities will
be equal.

Regards,

Steve.