Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: [SI-LIST] Re: [SI-LIST] May 9th Presentation: "Radiation...

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 14:51:16 PDT

Charles:

I'm apologize if you did not get my original reply to your inquiry. I sent
it on 5/9/00. Perhaps my E-mail system messed up.

Nevertheless, here is a second E-mail I sent the next day to Steve Weir who
asked the same question. Also, see my additional comment at the end.

Mike
**************************
Steve Weir:

Following is my response to Charles Patton for the same question. I sent it
yesterday thinking it was to the SI List, but it only went to Charles.

Mike
************

Sorry for the confusion, Charles, but when I said "removal" I meant complete
removal of the resistor without placing a short in its stead. This was not a
"fix" for the inadvertent coupling, but simply a finding in the
troubleshooting process. The problem was fixed (i.e., controlled to an
acceptable level) by moving the open connector inboard of the PCB edge. This
action improved the mismatch of the short stub to the surrounding surface so
less energy was transferred. When the optional daughter board was placed
into the connector, even better performance was obtained.

Mike

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting

        *** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***