Re: [SI-LIST] : susceptibility hard disks

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 12:24:05 PDT

There are no industry specs for magnetic susceptibility for hard drives.
IBM Server Class hard drives are tested to the following limits:

          DC to 400 Hz 5.0 Gauss
          400 Hz to 5 kHz 2.0 Gauss
          5 kHz to 50 kHz 0.5 Gauss
          50 kHz to 200 kHz 0.1 Gauss

Regards, Ravinder
PCB Development and Design Department
IBM Corporation - Storage Systems Division
Email: [email protected]
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
.... Mark Twain

[email protected] (Jan Vercammen)@silab.eng.sun.com on 05/16/2000
06:00:31 AM

Please respond to [email protected]