RE: [SI-LIST] : Reducing Power and Ground Noise

From: Tony Anthony ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 13:33:39 PDT

Hi David,

I believe that you could filter the application you are talking about with
one component. I have recently tested a capacitor that filters common mode
and differential mode noise differentially (180 deg. out of phase ) and has
excellent attenuation characteristics. I compared that filter to other
filters and the results of that test (and the set up used) were published in
the April edition of Item 2000 Magazine.

I have a link to the article as well as an explanation of the basic
principles of the technology at www.x2y.com/FORSItestresults.htm. If you
decide you want to use this device, I need to have a better understanding of
your circuit and placement of the component.

Best Regards,

Jim Muccioli
X2Y Attenuators LLC

<mailto:[email protected]>