[SI-LIST] : lossy sprays for stripline

From: C Deibele ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 07:43:27 PDT

Hi,

Background:
I have an application where I made a resonator circuit in a stripline
configuration.

The resonator circuit has a Q of about 80.

I can disassemble the stripline (i.e. the top board is not laminated),
so this means
that I have access to my traces.

I want to have a Q of about 55.

I cannot add any lumped elements in my application.

Question:
Does anyone know of a lossy spray I can spray over my traces to slightly
de-Q my
tank circuit?? I have the ability to "tune" the Q, that is to say, I
can disassemble my
circuit, spray the substance, assemble, measure, and repeat as
necessary. I think a spray
might have an advantage in that it shouldn't change the geometry of the
stripline significantly.

Or perhaps someone knows of some other method I can do??

Note that I cannot change my substrates to utilize a higher loss
tangent.

Thank you,

Craig Deibele