RE: [SI-LIST] : Common/Differential-Mode Impedance versus frequency

From: Jian Zheng ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 11:14:44 PDT

Hi, Allen:

There are multiple ways to find the even mode and odd mode parameters
depending upon what you get:

(1) If you have the obtained the L11, L12, R11, C11, C12 and G11 for the
unit length of your coupled transmission line, you can get:

Zodd = SQRT{ [ jOmega*(L11-L12)+R11 ] / [ jOmega*(C11+2*C12) + G11 ] }
Zeven = SQRT{ [ jOmega*(L11+L12)+R12 ] / [ jOmega*C11 + G11 ] }

(2) If you get the 4-port s-parameters (y- or z-parameters), the derivation
for Zodd and Zeven can be quite tedious. You may try to extract the LRCG
from the 4-port s-parameters first. We do have utility programs to extract
the LRCG for you or to get the Zodd and Zeven and all the other parameters
for the transmission line under odd or even modes. However, it is part of a
bigger package. If you want to get more information, please feel free to let
me know. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jian-X. Zheng, Ph.D
Zeland Software, Inc., 39676 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539, U.S.A.
Tel: 510-797-8109, Fax: 510-797-8241, Web: http://www.zeland.com