RE: [SI-LIST] : Contact resistance?

From: John Spohnheimer ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 10:18:35 PDT

Talk to The J. M. Ney Company, http://www.jmney.com/ <http://www.jmney.com/>

They publish a great text - "Ney Contact Manual", that may give you some insight into the problem.
Last time I checked (2-3yrs ago), they would mail you a copy of the manual if you gave them a call.

The material is a bit dated (1973 copyright), but the basic physics doesn't change.

Looking at Section 1.8 Constriction Thermal Effects, they have a ~4 page summary of how
the constriction resistance (basically the contact resistance) varies with applied voltage.

If you send me your fax # off-list, I'll send you the pertinent section.

JVS