RE: [SI-LIST] : Split Plane

From: Degerstrom, Michael J. ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 13:15:13 PDT

Sinh,

I don't think you've provided us with enough information.
Since you are using LVDS, which is differential, there
shouldn't be any problem with splitting the plane as long
as crosstalk between true/comp. pairs is kept in check.

There are two other things to consider assuming that
your board is only four layers as you defined below. First,
and others on this list know this far better than I, is that
your board (especially the first stack-up) may warp since your
your metal loading is not well balanced. Secondly, how do
bring in power? Depending on the rest of your circuitry,
you may have an AC power delivery problem since you
apparently have not provided a power plane.

Mike

Mike Degerstrom Email: [email protected]
Mayo Clinic
200 1st Street SW
Gugg. Bldg. RM 1042A Phone: (507) 284-3292
Rochester, MN 55905 FAX: (507) 284-9171
WWW: http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html