[SI-LIST] : Differential Signalling and Crosstalk

From: Lisa Desandoli ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 15:06:49 PDT

Could anyone recommend guidelines for routing differential PECL signals at
~1.25GHz?
What I'm concerned about is the relationship between coupling the
differential pair and the cross talk induced because of that close coupling.
I could be way off base here, but if the signals are closely coupled then
there will be a lot of noise induced on both lines by the switching on the
other. Since the signals are switching differentially, the noise induced on
either line should be opposite in polarity. Since differential receivers
are only good at rejecting common mode noise, wouldn't this be
counterproductive? Is there a minimum spacing requirement for high-speed
differential signals so that the cross talk noise is minimized?

Thanks for your help,

Lisa DeSandoli
PMC-Sierra, Inc