Re: [SI-LIST] : via capacitance

From: Ritchey Lee ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 09:15:36 PDT

I have done many experiments to determine the capacitance value of vias. A 13 mil diameter via, 100 mils long has approximately .3 pF of capacitance. Your traces will average about 3 pF per inch of
length. The small value of the via capacitance will not be detectable at edge rates slower than 100 pSEc.

Lee