[SI-LIST] : SI Software for EMC

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 06:29:34 PST

I have reviewed the archives but was unable to find answers to my questions.

Our systems have digital PCBs with clock frequencies in the order of 30-60
MHz and the systems have to comply with CISPR 22 Class B requirements. We
currently perform design reviews on the schematics prior to layout and
suggest standard mitigation techniques espoused by the major books on the
subject. In order to improve our designs and hopefully reduce the number of
layout passes caused by radiated emissions, we are considering adding a
SI/EMC analysis module to our PCB layout package. These are my questions.

1) Does the software work as advertised? (the good ones, not the cheap ones)
2) Considering the expense, is it worth it?

Richard Woods