[SI-LIST] : problem with crystal

From: yaserh ([email protected])
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 23:21:00 PST

Dear Sir :

I have two questions :

1- I use a crystal 12 MHz with my design of MCU and the program is internal in my MCU and no external RAM. I see on my supply of the board the 12 MHz of superimposed on it and in other times i see the second harmonic of the 12 MHz. How i can supress this frequency because i makes a problem with the A/D on my board. I need also to tell you that i follow the recomendations of connection the crystal (it's as close as possible to the MCU, crystal capacitors is near the crystal and connected direct to the MCU gnd and i made a ground polygoen around the crystal from the two layers, and i avoid to pass a track with high current near the crystal). What is the problem.

2- I need to use a cermaic resonator crytal with built in capactance. Can you help me to new the difference between it and the crystal oscilator. Also i need to know the application for which the two is suitable.

Can any one help me.

with my best regards
Yasser El-haddad