RE: [SI-LIST] : montonic signals at SDRAM-, SSRAM- and FEPROM-ad ress inputs

From: ªL´Â·× ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 00:21:51 PST

Dear Dirk,

Naturally, synchronized circuit is good in immunity of noise, including the
non-monotonic on transient edges, rising or falling, as long as the setup
time and hold time of signal are met.

However, Non-monotonic edges, caused by reflection of
signal, may generate high frequency noise and create EMI, crosstalk, ground
bounce, and ISI problems. Those will degrade system noise margins.

John Lin
SI Engineer
Quanta Computer Inc.,Taiwan, R.O.C.
Email: [email protected]