Re: [SI-LIST] : EMC techniques on 2-layer board

From: John Howard ([email protected])
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 00:10:05 PST

Best Greetings,
     High performance 2-layer (or even 1-layer) boards are indeed
possible - but difficult. I agree with the recommendation of others in
suggesting that you study the books by Clayton Paul and Howard
Johnson. Add to that another book "Controlling Radiated Emissions
by Design", by Michel Mardiguian, Chapman & Hall, NY. One of the
most serious issues to consider in designing such a board will be the
extent of coupling between distributed signals and their respective
return paths. To ignore this is to design a PCB that will "shine".
Good Luck

John Howard
EMC Consultant
www.emcguru.com