[SI-LIST] : PCB layout in pull up/down resistors

From: Marko Pulli ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 12:10:49 PST

Hi all,

I have 3kohm pull up resistors between logic signal
traces and +3.3Vcc trace.
The +3.3Vcc trace is a 0.3mm wide and
20mm long and it is connected to the main power plane by using
just one via.
Distance between 0402 size resistors is 0.8mm to 1mm.
There are about ten signal traces pulled up to this +3.3Vcc
trace.

I would save a lot of routing space by having just one
via to the plane for 10 resistors.

In terminations I should have a separate via to
the main plane close to the each pull up/down resistor but
do I have to do the same thing with pull ups/downs?
How much noise should I expect to see in this case?

Logic is ALVC type in all traces.

Br,

Marko