Re: [SI-LIST] : modeling languages (was: receiver jitter)

From: Fred Balistreri ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 12:30:34 PST

I hate to sound like an advertisement, but most of what
Kumar states has been done in Aspice, which is a SI
simulator.

In as far as SPICE goes there are many varieties, but
because of the CMOS models which have been adapted
by IC vendors, Hspice is the most widely used. So Kumar's
comments really deal with one flavor of SPICE. Poly sources
are an left over of SPICE 2G6. B sources, arbitrary sources
and event trigger sources have been around since 1991
commercially. Same goes for lossy transmission lines,
Laplace Transfer functions and more recently S parameter support.
IBIS support for SPICE also exist. Standardizing SPICE is like
saying standarize ICX, XTK and Hyperlinx. They are all SI tools
and they all have their own syntax, etc. SPICE is no different.
Your flavor of SPICE may not be the best fit for the job at hand.
Choose carefully and according to your needs.

Best Regards,

Fred Balistreri
[email protected]

http://www.apsimtech.com