Re: [SI-LIST] : Micro Noise

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 04:43:56 PST

In a message dated 11/3/99 8:24:16 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> If you have the option to add inductance in the power and ground
connections
> to the chip
> this will slow up the edges and reduce EMI. With a 50 MHz signal it
looks
> like the
> edges could be slowed quite a bit without effecting performance. Good
luck.

I'm really hesitant to try this, some time ago I did an experiment to see if
impedance in the power/ground leads made much difference for EMC. I found
that any impedance in the ground or the power pins caused all I/O lines to be
modulated by switching noise from inside the IC. I can't afford this to
happen.

Best regards,

Derek.