Re: [SI-LIST] : Definition of Hi-Speed (UC)

From: Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 05:34:24 PST

Andy,

I agree with you and would add the following:

Even if a net is low speed, such as a reset might
be by virtue of it's driving edge rate and frequency,
it still might end up being a high speed net by virtue
of being coupled into one. I have seen more system
problems due to crosstalk induced noise in resets
and quasi-static nets with weak pullups.

In my world, everything requires consideration of
being "high speed" unless proven otherwise.

scott

--
Scott McMorrow
Principal Engineer