[SI-LIST] : Re: XTK vs. Spectraquest

From: Wilco Hamhuis ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 10:34:06 PST

Hello Michael,

I am working with the Viewlogic tooling for 2 years now. I haven't had
the
chance to look at Spectraquest though, so I only can say something about
the
Viewlogic tooling. One of the advantages of Viewlogic is that they have
tooling called ISIS scratchpad. This tooling is now implemented into the
Product Planner (tooling used for floorplanning, constrain management
etc.).
Scratchpad is a pre-layout signal integrity tooling. So you can load
your
Viewlogic schematic into the tooling and perform a signal integrity
analysis. Play with termination and topology, those kind of things. XTK
has
also an interface with Allegro. Five files are required: via.dat,
def.dat,
comp.dat, board.dat and layer.dat. Hopefully this is useful information
for
you.

Wilco Hamhuis EASEurope BV
The Netherlands email: [email protected]
http://www.EASEurope.com