RE: [SI-LIST] : Comments from your SI seminar (SendII)`

From: Denomme, Paul S. ([email protected])
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 05:04:45 PDT

        It is also stated in this article that critically matched lengths is
unnecessary, however you MUSt take into account your noise margins(parallel
aggressors). It states that differential transmissions only need about 15mV
difference to switch.
        Assuming no noise/ crosstalk and a 300pSec rise time in FR-4(180
pSec/In), the pairs length could be mismatched by as much as 1.6
inches(Tr/Td) and still function. So a 500 mil difference in line length
would be acceptable. What he is really stating is that if you need to route
one of the traces around a through hole, just do it.

        It only shows an example for ECL and LVDS Logic in the acrticle.

Regards,

Paul Denomme