Re: [SI-LIST] : Comments from your SI seminar (SendII)`

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 14:08:49 PDT

Dave Macemon wrote:

> Also, I agree with Doug, companies need to start bringing in Engineers to
> help (OK, that's our business....). We've all seen projects spend big $$
> trying to fix a problem using internal resources, when an external
> consultant would have cost less, and gotten the design out sooner, while
> teaching the internal design team to be more self sufficient.

I'll add to this. Part of my job is to help our customers make working systems
with the custom ICs that we build for them, since a project that just covers
NRE is a reeking disaster. The scary part is when we offer (often in the person
of one D. C. Sessions) to provide training and consulting services -- at no
added cost to the customer -- and get turned down.

For the rest (almost by definition not reading this list) it's worth remembering
that you may already have some valuable resources "on retainer." Use them.

--
D. C. Sessions