Re: [SI-LIST] : Comments from your SI seminar (SendII)`

From: Mike Mayer ([email protected])
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 12:03:58 PDT

[...]

> It makes me wonder, what is the best way to gain deeper
> understanding, given finite resources of time and money? Picking
> this up solely through exposure to forums [like SI-List], short
> courses and mag articles only gets you so far. It's something I
> still struggle with!

I try to see what references people use in their articles, and pay
attention to the suggestions people have made here for books, etc. The
ones that seem to be most recommended are:

High Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic, Johnson & Graham

Computer Circuits Electrical Design, Ron K. Poon

Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, Clayton Paul

Also, I have had to go back and review material from college. I'm
surprised at what I have forgotten and remember from the early 80's.

Mike Mayer                               Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
Senior Hardware Design Engineer          Madison, WI
[email protected]                http://www.artesyn.com/cp