Re: [SI-LIST] : Stopping Out of Office Auto Replys?

From: Mike Mayer ([email protected])
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 07:41:39 PDT

> Everytime I respond to an issue on the list, my inbox gets
> dumped on with a bunch of Out of Office auto responses. Am I
> doing something wrong or is eliminating my input the best
> recourse?

> Brad Henson, Raytheon

I get the same thing. I assume that some companies like to have their
employees use the "vacation mail" feature of their mailers to inform
people when they are away, or it may be on by default and people don't
realize that they are sending replies to every mailing list message.

Mike Mayer                               Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
Senior Hardware Design Engineer          Madison, WI
[email protected]                http://www.artesyn.com/cp