Re: [SI-LIST] : Source for PCB's with Gold Plating over Chamfered Edge

From: [email protected]
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 10:01:36 PDT

Doug:

You might investigate plating the leading edge of the fingers with nickel or
rhodium and then gold. If memory serves me correctly, the noted materials
are much harder and resist wear. I believe rhodium is commonly used on relay
contacts to extend life under arcing and abrasion conditions.

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting

*** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***