AW: [SI-LIST] : Effect of low Zo for unterminated lines

From: [email protected]
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 15:44:47 PDT

Andreas,

I think I have to clarify my point: I am not favoring to use lump
load model for real board design. This rule of thumb is used to
calculate the max. allowable current running through the pin.
Then if the load is a transmission line case, you can use the
figure from the above method to constrain your average current in
order to retain the chip reliability standard. Of course this
suggestion is usually good for chips specified with a capacitive
load; e.g. LVC245 as stated in the original posting.

Raymond

---------------------- Forwarded by Raymond Leung/QSA/AU on 26/10/99 08:33

"Andreas Lenkisch (Trenew)" <[email protected]> on 26/10/99 22:55:44

Please respond to [email protected]