Re: [SI-LIST] : Clean sheet of paper

From: Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 12:09:12 PST

Back to the clean sheet of paper.. signalling onto and out of a circuit
which is integrated into a circuit of any size and chemical implementation.

For unambiguity, a truly positive signal is the presence of a carrier signal
or not. If the creator circuit of the signal fails in any state then the
signal is negative, Detection of the carrier is inherantly noise cancelling.
Hence signals should not be 1 or 0 (logic) states represented by DC levels
but an AC carrier which maybe a constant or varying frequency at any
frequency from 0 to infinity Herz.

Stochastic computing techniques offer some other avenues to explore. I made
my final year B.Sc course dissertation on aspects of this subject and it has
been sadly neglected.

Then there are RF to light frequency signals which really side step the old
SI problems. If you need to go "off chip" then this is really the best
exploring in total application economics terms. Do not physically connect
the circuit but transmit the encoded information to the required place..it
might be an adjacent circuit or circuits. Easy if you use correlation
techniques with suitable encoding. I do not see the need to use fibre optic
or other physical link connections in this context.

For our commercial readers such as Intel etc.. I wrote these ideas today. I
believe I have the prior publication and copyright on these ideas. This
email is printed and locked away in a secure place in a sealed and dated
envelope.

Aren't paradigm shifts wonderful things?

Adrian