RE: [SI-LIST] : W element correlation with measured data

From: Qu Pingyu ([email protected])
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 17:28:05 PST

Hello:

I'm not sure which Ansoft software you are talking about. If you refers to
Quick 3D, it will mesh the conductor to the skin depth if the material was
specified other than perfect conductor as Jim mentioned. However, a constant
current distribution across the cross section will be assumed. Ansoft
engineer told me that there is another Ansoft product called Ansoft EM 3D
field solver, which can handle the uneven current distribution in very thin
conductor. I guess this could give us a more accurate result for those cases
when thickness of conductor is close to skin depth.

Regards

Qu Pingyu

Institute of Microelectronics
11 Science Park Road, Singapore