Re: [SI-LIST] : XTK model question

From: Jon Powell ([email protected])
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 09:11:22 PST

John,
You can ignore this message. This usually occurs (in CMOS drivers) when the IBIS model was generated from SPICE sims where the diodes were "ideal" leading
to unrealistic HUGE currents at the out of range ends of the voltage swings (ie. -5V +10V) which confuses the xtk ecl test.
The resultant model should be just fine.

regards,
Jon

John Phillips wrote:

> I have a AMD K6-III ibis version 3.2 model that I'm converting to QUAD
> XTK
> format. This is the first time I have used a multi-driver ibis model
> with this
> tool. When I have run the conversion tool ibis2xtk (for simplicities
> sake I'm
> creating only a typical model) and run MTest to generate TIME-TO-VM, I
> receive a
> warning message that states
>
> WARNING 712: <K6STD_O_K6STD_IOA> <UNKNOWN> indicates V5.2- auto-current
> control.
> If you wish this to be a current control model (ECL) you MUST
> use the CURRENT_CONTROL_MODE command in the .mod file.
>
> I understand this to mean that the VI curves overlap for the high and
> low states
> in the operating range of the driver.
>
> As this is a CMOS device am I right in believing that this is not likely
> to be a
> current controlled device. ?
>
> How should I go about correcting the model ?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> john
> White Cross Systems Limited
> 3A Waterside Park