RE: [SI-LIST] : XTK multiboard simulation using amp spice connect or models....... ..

From: Mckinley, Jory ([email protected])
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 13:56:14 PST

Hello Scott,
Yes a simple LC network is not appropriate for most if not all MLM
connectors but it will give a very very crude first approximation. A more
complete picture would be to have the artwork for the MLM connector in a
board format like Allegro (PADS,Mentor,..). From this board file one can
create with a layup the necessary coupled TL model for XTK simulations. The
TL model can be included into XTK as a multi-board.
The non-ideal return currents and power/ground noise can be modeled with AC
grade but this is not included in the general XTK software.
I hope this helps,
-Jory

Jory McKinley
Consulting Engineer