Re: [SI-LIST] : si-list test

From: Mike Mayer ([email protected])
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 06:38:57 PST

> Thanks for your answer. I think I missed the point. I have
> played with Hyperlink software, IBIS model and layer
> stackup. You create a line model with your parameters (drivers,
> receivers..), you simulate with LineSim, and you've got the
> results (rise/fall time behaviour). When you specifie, for
> example, a 50 ohms impedance, does-it mean you don't need any
> termination (serie or parallel) on that line ?

In general, if you used 50 ohms as the transmisison line impedance in
Hyperlink and the simulation results were good (no overshoot, etc.),
then you won't need termination provided that your board stackup will
give you 50 ohm traces for the nets you simulated.

Mike Mayer                               Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
Senior Hardware Design Engineer          Madison, WI
[email protected]                http://www.artesyn.com/cp