Re: [SI-LIST] : XTK multiboard simulation using amp spice connector models....... ..

From: Syed Huq ([email protected])
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 16:46:36 PST

Michael,

This multi-board sim is quite easy to setup in XTK. You can use TOPSPEC to
define any connector via a lumped LC.(See example in Ch6 of 'Preparing PCB
database for simulation with TLC/XTK/QUIET' or Ch7 of XTK users manual)

Then use a hdf and con file to define the hierarchy of boards connecting
to each other and the 'mapping' of the connections(con file). This con file
describes how the nets get tied across the connector.(See examples in Ch7 of
'Preparing PCB database for simulation with TLC/XTK/QUIET').

Then follow the translation process and it's a piece of cake.

% tmp -hdf <design>.hdf
% isf2xtk -hdf <design>.hdf

Regards,
Syed