RE: [SI-LIST] : Die Power Pad Capacitance

From: Weber Chuang ([email protected])
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 21:47:26 PST

Hi Si-gurus,

  In our current product, we implement the gate oxide capacitor to stable
the power/ground system, but from some detailed simulation, we found
interesting phenomenum, once the en pin of a I/O is turned on, then the
output pin is either charged to high or low state, and at this moment, we
found that the package inductance and the gate capacitor start to oscillate.
Unless the cap is large enough, or it seems to corrupt the power/ground
system. Do you have any comment on this?

  Best Regards
    Weber Chuang
 Signal Integrity Engineer,
 VIA Technologies, Inc. Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
 TEL : 886-2-22185452 ext : 6522
 mailto:[email protected]
 http://www.via.com.tw
 Very Innovative Architecture