[SI-LIST] : Probing PCI slew rate test

From: Matt (boomer) Russell ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 07:27:52 PST

hi,

I have been working on trying to probe PCI buffers against the PCI
spec slew rate load (1k to vss, 1k to vdd, 10pf to vss)

These are pretty fast edges (spec up to 4v/ns) and what I have
been looking at so far is to use a 8pf scope probe as a replacement
for the 10pf load in the spec.

Is this good enough to do?

I know that at fast edge rates a passive resistive load is better,
but with a 1k scope input being on the same order of magnitude as
the spec load I am not sure it is a good idea.

anyone had good corrilation between spice and measurements for
a pci slew rate test?

matt