Re: [SI-LIST] : IC input impedance

Dima Smolyansky ([email protected])
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:11:08 -0700

Agreed, good point - capacitance will probably be the main term in your CMOS
driver characteristics.

I also want to comment on Glenn Monroe's knee frequency comment. I think the
knee frequency will give an easimate for the reflection coefficient for
high-order harmonics, which are not the most important in esimating how much of
your digital signal is reflected. If your 8th order harmonic is reflected
almost completely, you could not care less, even if it is below the knee
frequency. At the same time, the relfection coefficient at the 1st harmonic
will give you a pretty good idea of how much amplitude you will loose in your
digital signal.

Thanks,

-Dima

Dima Smolyansky