Re: [SI-LIST] : Signal integrity simulation tool - your opinion a nd recommandation

Fred Balistreri ([email protected])
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 11:24:00 -0700

George Harris wrote:

> Hi Shimon,
>
> Hyperlynx is pretty good for SI and for EMC estimates.
> It can also be used for rapid verification of board designs.
> It lets you use IBIS models which some vendors supply, and you can
> create your own models from data sheets. This process is obviously not
> as accurate as Spice, but the results are quite comparable, and the
> rapid verification plus EMC features are something Spice doesn't have.
>
> George
>
> ----------

Susan Tweeton comments seem to be the most accurate. However George
Harris
should know that there are SI vendors who use SPICE as the engine. Those
vendors do supply EMC tools and verification tools for SI. The tools
choosen
will depend on the personnel using the tools and the type of problem one
is
trying to address.

Best Regards,

--