Re: [SI-LIST] : Crow bar current (dc switching current) vs power

Vinu Arumugham ([email protected])
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:33:15 -0700

Hi Elias,

We have seen significantly different levels of power rail noise when
devices from different vendors were dropped into the same circuit. In
this case, the device was a lightly loaded (~80 ohm per output) clock
driver. The most likely cause for the higher noise level with some of
those devices, is their higher crowbar current. Such parts therefore
increase the demands on the high-frequency power distribution system.

Thanks,
Vinu